Saturday, November 15, 2008

Missing Jason...

It's been a little over 2 weeks since I watched Jason's bus pull out of the parking lot with a final destination in the middle east. I go through my days with laughs and smiles- determined not to let the fear and sadness change who I am on the inside or the outside. Some may view those smiles as if I'm not actually missing Jason, but please let me assure you- I am.

I miss my best friend, the person who I share everything with. Of course I miss the companionship, the togetherness. But it's the small things that I miss the most. I miss how he pokes me from behind when I don't know he's there. Or how he tries to slap my rear end in public because he knows it embarrasses me to death! Or how he gives our cat Grace a "voice" that always takes his side in any dispute and I can't help to laugh. I miss how he yells "I'm home!" when he comes home from work. I miss how he holds up 10 fingers at the gym while I'm on the elliptical machine indicating he'll be done with his workout in 10 minutes. I miss how he tells me I'm beautiful at the most random times.

I miss it all.... and while I allow my Facebook status to always be funny, upbeat or otherwise mundane. Missing Jason is a constant emotion I feel. No matter what. And I will continue to feel that way until I have him standing safely in front of me, God willing, 7 months from now.

Please keep us, all of our troops and our families in your prayers.

2 comments:

Mark, Julie and GT said...

You are in our prayers. I remember when it was my brother (not the same as a husband) - they're always on your mind and in your heart. Hang in there!

Jessica, Chris and Luke said...

Hey Jen, What a sweet post... I will keep you both and your families in my prayers!! Take care of yourself!!